Under the direction of the Investigations Manager, the Investigator is responsible for conducting and coordinating follow-up investigations of incidents reported to the Public Safety Department. The Investigator assists with reviewing incident reports and prepares written reports of activities. The Investigator actively contributes to the University’s crime prevention efforts by analyzing data and assisting in the development and delivery of crime prevention programs. The Investigator works in conjunction with off-campus law enforcement authorities investigating on-campus incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and conducts follow-up investigations into reported criminal and non-criminal incidents.
- Reviews initial incident reports and prepares detailed follow up reports of investigative activities.
- Prepares and submits reports detailing violations of University policy to the Dean of Students’ Office and the Office of Human Resources.
- Works collaboratively with local, state, and federal law enforcement authorities investigating on-campus incidents.
- Assists in analyzing crime on campus as well as developing and implementing crime prevention programs.
- Assists in Clery Act compliance efforts.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and relevant experience preferred.
- 5 years experience as a police officer or University security officer.
- Prior experience in conducting investigations in a college setting.
- Prior experience in working on Clery Act compliance.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Both gross and fine motor skills are needed, as well as visual, hearing, speaking, touching, tasting, and smelling sensory skills.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
Special Message to Applicants:
Open Until Filled
Last Day for Reference Letter Submission:
Salary Posting Information:
$48,000 to $53,000 based upon qualifications.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first hear of this employment opportunity?
- Career Builder Website
- Higheredjobs.com Website
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Career Link Website
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Advertisement in Local Newspaper
- Advertisement in Academic or Professional Publication
- Referred by a current or former employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Browsing the Villanova website
Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
Resume / Curriculum Vitae