AIR is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity, and non-partisanship. The intellectual diversity of our 1,500 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge.
AIR is seeking an Investment Analyst to monitor, evaluate and coordinate investment activities including investments in the general fund investment pool, short-term current use funds investment and all other investment accounts maintained by the organization.
- Monitor the performance of existing investments, and assist with the preparation of investment proposals and presentations.
- Develop and maintain various financial models and reports to manage the existing portfolio. This includes tracking and modeling cash flow activity and its impact to the total investment pool and AIR operations, developing robust analytics to track specific investments, and compliance with investment policies.
- Create and maintain accurate and regular investment reporting, including the generation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and investment reports and the accompanying analysis of investment returns and investment performance.
- Perform analysis of investment opportunities (strategies, sectors, geographies), prepare and refine a variety of quantitative analysis.
- Assist in various other projects including risk management, regulatory compliance and asset allocation reviews including development of appropriate risk management and compliance metrics and procedures for the entire portfolio.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or substantial equivalent required, Master’s degree in Business or Finance preferred.
- NASD Series 6 (or 7) and 63 registrations.
- At least five years of prior investment and asset management experience required, concentrating in treasury and investment management/analysis, including experience working with endowment or investment fund performance.
- Extensive knowledge of industry regulations in asset management and a wide range of investment products including mutual funds, wrap programs, alternative investments, exchange traded funds, structured products, hedging strategies, and derivatives.
- Experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business and operational process in the asset management.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
American Institutes for Research - 11 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...