For more than half a century, VALIC has served as a leading plan provider for K-12 schools and school districts, as well as for higher education and healthcare institutions. VALIC is ranked as the number one provider of defined contribution plan services in the United States to public education employees in the K-12 market and number three for employees of higher education and not-for-profit healthcare.
VALIC has more than $50 billion in assets and manages plans for more than 25,000 groups serving more than 2 million plan participants. VALIC represents The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc. and VALIC Retirement Services Company. We are currently interviewing for a Bid Consultant in our Case Development group.
As an Investment Consultant for VALIC you will work closely with Plan Sponsors, Group Management and Sales Management teams. Thorough knowledge of mutual funds, markets and presentation experience is required to provide accurate and timely responses to investment related requests. You will also perform other investment related activities, as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Client-facing position geared towards assisting plan sponsors with fiduciary responsibilities by maintaining watch list and reviewing investment options on a regular basis.
2. Analyze and select best in class asset managers by adhering to a strict investment due diligence process.
3. Reviewing portfolio manager commentary for Annual Reports.
4. Preparing investment review commentary and “watchlist” reports for quarterly group reviews.
5. Organizing meetings and conference calls to discuss team’s response to RFPs.
6. Responding to requests for information and perform activities related to other special projects while working with both field and home office personnel.
The most effective Investment Consultant develops and maintains close client relationships with internal partners to ensure retention of existing clients and acquisition of prospective clients. The team has a strong “customer service” mentality and has built a reputation for being responsive.
The Investment Analyst position reports to the Vice President of Investments.
The success of this position will be measured by:
• The timeliness and accuracy of investment responses
• The quality of responses to RFPs, RFIs, RFQs and other requests
• The level of relationship management with internal partners and team members
Experience and Skills Requirements:
• College degree required.
• Working knowledge of mutual funds is required, FINRA Series 6 or 7 preferred
• Expert knowledge of MS Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office software applications
• Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills are required
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong command of grammar, spelling, and proper business English
• Ability to understand and communicate financial concepts and business terminology.
American International Group - 20 months ago
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...