The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World
Bank Group, is one of the leading investors and lenders in emerging markets. The mission of IFC is to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, helping to reduce poverty and improve people's lives. IFC finances private sector investments in the developing world, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses.
The Telecom, Media and Technology (TMT) group develops and implements IFC's business strategy and investment program in TMT sector in these two regions. TMT is one of the most dynamic industries in the world, essential for development, which presents many opportunities for IFC's involvement. Both regions are rapidly evolving TMT markets and the capacity to identify, process, support and supervise the most developmentally and commercially viable investment transactions in these markets is crucial. The TMT group is looking for two (2) Investment Analysts to support its business development and investment programs
Duties and Accountabilities:
The responsibilities of the Investment Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models;
- Conduct industry, market and company research;
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC's project processing cycle from project development to disbursement to portfolio management;
- Coordinate closely with the Environmental and Social department to ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in IFC's investment;
- Participate in investment appraisals;
- Participate in investment negotiations;
- Supervise investments in portfolio companies;
- Work in good coordination with industry and regional IFC colleagues
- Work with senior staff to help identify and execute viable investment transactions across various geographies, which maximize development impact as well as profitability.
Bachelor's or equivalent degree with specialized finance experience;
- 2-4 year experience in project and credit analysis with investment banking background
within a major financial institution, consulting company or large corporation;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients
and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Mandarin) is a plus.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers.
IFC - 13 months ago
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries....