The Investment Analyst will support LifeWay's investment program through investment research and analysis, portfolio accounting, investment reporting, and process improvement.
A key focus will be to research, analyze, and recommend potential new investments and to analyze and monitor existing investments. Determine key drivers of investment performance and provide an assessment within the context of appropriate benchmarks and peer groups.
Responsible for internal portfolio accounting and reconciliation against the custodian bank's trust statements. Prepare financial statements and supporting documentation for annual audit of assigned funds. Assist in periodic reporting to management and board of trustees.
Work collaboratively with the Investment Director in the overall design, implementation and oversight of the investment program. Proactively seek options and solutions that aid investment decision-making with the goal of enhancing returns and/or reducing risks.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills; able to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines.
- Ability to recognize problems/issues with reported numbers and then investigate/resolve and/or bring to others attention.
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues in both written and verbal form. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external parties such as investment managers, fund administrators, consultants, bank personnel, record-keepers, and auditors.
- 4-year degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- CFA charterholder preferred (if not currently a charter holder, candidate will be expected to pursue this designation).
- CIMA or CAIA designation also desirable.
- Areas of specialization: investment analysis, performance evaluation, accounting principles, computer skills (database, spreadsheet, presentation).
- 3-5 years in an institutionally-focused investment management environment.
- Use of investment databases and research sources.
- Evaluation of equity, fixed income and alternative strategies.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience using an online-only reporting system (e.g., custodian bank, investment manager database, investment analytics).
LifeWay Christian Resources - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible studies,...