Provides support for the Investment Management & Research department. Position works closely with the Institutional Trading Manager to enhance the trading of model portfolios. Monitors best execution of the order and makes entry decisions which effect FINRA TRACE Reporting. Position prepares departmental reports for weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings. Works with some supervision and is responsible for an established range of decisions, escalates to manager when appropriate and updates manager on a regular basis.
- Assist in trading of model portfolios in Trading Systems.
- Enter & Verify security trades of separate account managers.
- Establish & Review of accounts on Trading System.
- Resolve settlement issues and other trade breaks
- Model maintenance and implementation using trading systems.
- Review implemented portfolios, use systems and reports to meet the "every account/every day" standard of review.
- Make sound trading decisions. Analyze trades before submission for impacts on account, market, and portfolio, with an emphasis on risk, value and expense.
- Entry level analysis of mutual funds, exchange traded funds, equities and fixed-income securities
- Work closely with Investment Committee to keep abreast of market conditions and market events
- Communicate with advisors and elevate issues as needed
- Provide support as needed to the investment committee including database management and tracking of portfolio returns.
- Proven experience as a licensed professional either a producer, trader, or call center representative.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of fixed-income and equity securities with demonstrated ability to articulate each.
- Possess and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and in a timely basis.
- Demonstrated strong team orientation
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access
- Trading functionality
- Strong Market Understanding
- Strong presentation skills
- Series 7 & 63
- Willingness to pursue CFA or MBA
Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
Lincoln Investment Planning, Inc. - 2 years ago