Position Description: Investment Analyst
Company. WHI Real Estate Partners LLC (“WHIREP”) is a sponsor of opportunistic real estate private equity funds. The firm was established in 2010 to consolidate the real estate investment activities of William Harris Investors, Inc. (“WHI”). WHIREP is focused on the acquisition and recapitalization of mid‐sized real estate assets throughout the U.S., across all major property sectors.
WHI is a Chicago-based, private investment firm with more than $1 billion of capital under management. Founded approximately 50 years ago as an investment office for the family of Chicago entrepreneur and philanthropist Irving B. Harris, WHI now provides investment and wealth management services to a small group of wealthy families, foundations and endowments.
Please see www.whirep.com and www.whi.com for more information.
Position. The investment analyst will support the principals and other professionals of WHIREP in the following activities:
- Development of complex cash flow models;
- Evaluation and underwriting of potential investments;
- Preparation of comprehensive investment memoranda;
- Organization and completion of transaction and closing activities;
- Preparation of investor marketing materials and private placement memoranda; and
- Other activities as needed to support WHIREP’s principal investment and business development efforts.
This position is based in Chicago, IL and requires occasional travel.
Qualifications. The ideal candidate will be a high-integrity, self-driven, resourceful individual with:
- 1-2 years of professional experience in an analytical capacity, most likely in investment banking, private equity, financial consulting, or real estate investment;
- A bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university with a highly-competitive GPA;
- Exceptional quantitative, financial modeling, and valuation skills;
- Superior attention to detail and ability to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Intensity commensurate with the episodic demands of a transaction-driven, entrepreneurial environment; and
- A team orientation, flexibility, and the ability to work well under pressure.