Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc. (Fort Washington), a subsidiary of Western & Southern Financial Group, has an immediate opportunity for an Investment Associate.
Fort Washington is looking for a full time associate within the Operations department to support the Institutional and Private Client Group business lines through the trade settlement process. Together, these business lines manage over $41 billion in assets, diversified across numerous strategies in the public equity and fixed income markets. Responsibilities include:
• Ensure timely settlement of transactions within client accounts. Security types include, but are not limited to:
• Corporate Bonds
• MBS, CMO, CMBS
• Municipal bonds
• International fixed income securities settling outside of the United States
• Ensure ongoing collateral and margin requirements are met timely and accurately.
• Work with departments outside FWIA on Western & Southern accounts and transactions, including Investment Records & Accounting, Treasury, Compensation and Benefits.
• Coordinate settlement activity with brokers and custodian banks.
• Respond to ad hoc inquiries for data and/or reports from clients, Portfolio Managers, Marketing and Analysts.
• Develop and documents detailed processes and procedures for FWIA Operations as needed.
• Work with Compliance on approved broker list, new contracts, and authorized signers list.
• Process purchases and sales of fixed income and equity securities via trading to accounting software.
• Verify maturities, interest, dividends and pay down transactions are accurate and timely.
• Establish newly acquired securities on accounting software, including complex securities.
• Communicate issues to Portfolio Managers within their accounts and resolve any problems that may arise.
• Obtain working knowledge of trading system to retrieve underlying security data.
A successful candidate has a Bachelors Degree in Business, with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or is pursuing a degree with commensurate industry experience. Additional preferred skills and experience include:
• Basic knowledge of fixed income and equity securities with demonstrated ability to articulate each.
• Demonstrated business knowledge in operations, customer service and computer systems.
• Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
• Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail with excellent organization
• Extensive experience working independently. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and initiative were demonstrated.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
• Demonstrated experience participating in a team environment that includes sharing knowledge and resources.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations as a result of heavy work volume and strict deadlines.
Additional position requirements and attributes can be found at www.westernsouthern.com/careers, “Investment Associate”.
At Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc., we are a focused investment management firm with dedicated business units that work with institutional clients and their consultants, private equity investors, and individuals and their families. With the strong support of our parent company, Western & Southern Financial Group, we have a stable base of capital that fosters our investment-centered culture, alignment with clients' interests and long-term perspective.
We believe our advantage is the ability to focus on investing without distractions from other business activities or short-term objectives. We serve some of the country's largest institutional investors, yet are as approachable and personable as any local firm. Fort Washington is a registered investment advisor.
We were founded in 1990 and are the primary investment arm of Western & Southern Financial Group. As of 6/30/13, Fort Washington, its subsidiaries and divisions managed $44.1 billion in assets1.
To learn more about the types of institutional clients we work with, please visit our Institutional Client Types Served page (www.fortwashington.com/inst). You may learn more about our private equity division by visiting our Fort Washington Capital Partners Group site (www.fwcapital.com). Our Private Client Group (www.fortwashington.com/pcg) works with individual investors and their families.
Western and Southern Financial Group provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
1 Assets as of 6/30/13. Includes total assets and/or commitments under management by Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc. (Fort Washington), $41.8 billion, and $2.3 billion in commitments managed by Fort Washington Capital Partners Group (FW Capital), a division, and Peppertree Partners LLC, a subsidiary.
Western & Southern Financial
- 21 months ago - save job