Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Investment Consultant is responsible for providing advice to fiduciaries of pension funds, defined contribution plans, endowments and other institutional asset pools to make the best risk adjusted return decisions in light of the liabilities and spending commitments that these assets support. To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Provide ongoing investment advise to a wide range of institutional clients (e.g. defined benefit, other qualified and non-qualified investment plans, etc) via in person meetings and making recommendations in writing. This advise includes:
- Regular quarterly reporting and ongoing performance and manager monitoring
- Investment policy formation
- Strategic asset allocation
- Portfolio structuring
- Working with the Financial Strategy Group (FSG) to provide asset liability modeling
- Manage all aspects of consulting relationships for assigned clients including:
- Scheduling meetings
- Providing direction, delegation and management to Analysts assigned to client
- Responsibility for oversight for all information that is disseminated to client
- Have responsibility in the new business development process. Activities will vary based on the specific request for proposal (RFP). Responsibilities may include responding to RFP's directed to group and industry contact leads and reaching out to leads from colleagues in other lines of business
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- CFA charter holder or in process or MBA preferred
- 4-10 years of client facing investment experience, liability-driven investment experience, especially multi country asset allocation desirable
- Superior analytical, project management, sales and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor junior-level staff
- Adaptable, collaborative, and decisive investment advisor
Primary Location: US-CT-Norwalk
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the...