Manage HR activities at or for assigned regional sites, includes serving as HR consultant providing both proactive and reactive advice and support to management and employees.
Under the general guidance of the Senior HR Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as primary HR Representative for assigned region(s), involves reviewing all employment changes, organizational changes, salary changes, promotions & transfers, etc. to ensure consistent interpretation of policy, employment law, etc. are considered before implementation.
2. Manage the hiring process for selected location(s), includes write and place advertisements, review applications and interview applicants, recommend and/or hire applicants, extend job offers, maintain employment and applicant records for legal and reporting requirements.
3. Oversee internal job posting program and maintain appropriate records for affirmative action reporting.
4. Manage the performance review process for assigned, includes provide written commentary on all performance evaluations prior to delivery to employee; participate as needed during performance or disciplinary meetings; create and/or suggest performance improvement plans where appropriate.
5. Provide guidance and direction to counsel and/or discipline employees, includes serve as investigator for various problem issues and situations.
6. Manage job descriptions for location(s), includes write job descriptions from position questionnaires, review and job descriptions, conduct exemption tests to comply with FLSA, provide guidance to supervisors on job and position evaluations as needed.
7. Manage and/or oversee salary increase process by ensuring differentiation in increases are supported by appropriate documentation.
8. Monitor and maintain records for medical, personal and FMLA leave of absences; includes provide consultation to employees and supervisors.
9. Conduct exit interviews with terminating employees.
10. Respond to unemployment claims, requests for employment verifications, etc.
11. Coordinate employee events and activities for assigned sites, includes flu shots, wellness activities, celebratory events, etc.; develop positive relationships with both management and employees within the assigned sites.
12. Serve as the HR representative on line of business forums (commercial, retail, mortgage, etc.).
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelors degree or equivalent in human resources, management or a related field. Over five (5) through seven (7) years of human resources management experience. PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
In addition to the list above, it is understood that all positions within the Corporation require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly personality, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Further, all employees will have access to confidential, sensitive and/or non-public customer information and it is expected that each employee will have the ability to ensure their work locations and activities comply with the Information Security Policy.
First Merchants Bank
- 2 years ago - save job