Title Investment Consultant Job Function Investment Management Requisition Number 041478 Metropolitan Area IL-Chicago Loop Manager Position Non-manager Full-time/Part-time Full-time Standard Hours 40 Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Regular/Temporary Regular Job Description Responsible for the sales and service of an integrated wealth management solution with a focus on investments to clients and prospects in Private Client Services. Researches potential markets, develops client referral sources and qualifies leads as prospects. Identifies and pursues cross sell opportunities within investment, banking, fiduciary and advisory services. Manages ongoing relationships and promotes relationship enhancement opportunities and client retention. Knowledge/Skills Detailed knowledge of investment solutions, risk management, asset allocation and program design. Knowledge of investment terminology, laws, regulations and taxes. Series 7 and Series 63 registration required by the National Association of Securities Dealers. Analytical and sales skills to assess and interpret the market, formulate strategies accordingly and to cross-sell products. Major Duties 1. Generates leads through research, centers of influence and personal contacts. Qualifies leads as prospects to sell investment solutions and banking products and correctly profiles current clients for cross sell opportunities.
2. Develops a perspective on individual client situations by gathering financial objectives and factual data from the prospect using consultative approach.
3. Develops asset allocation, investment program definition, and design using centrally manufactured solutions.
4. Positions the bank¿s capabilities to differentiate the Northern Trust.
5. Gains client commitment, manages expectations and closes the business.
6. Facilitates implementation of financial solution, maintains relationship with client, and responds to inquiries. Maximizes client satisfaction and account/relationship retention.
7. Responsible for daily account activity.
8. Expands relationships by periodically reviewing Northern Trust solutions/products with clients.
9. Oversees proactive delivery of financial planning advice.
10. Maintains a working knowledge of a full range of products and services (fiduciary, banking, financial consulting) outside of their discipline. Experience Preferred 5-8 years of related experience, preferably with a securities firm and or bank/broker dealer.
Northern Trust Corp. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...