Western & Southern has an immediate opening for an Investment Grade Credit Analyst.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The position entails the monitoring through credit analysis of the Fort Washington corporate bond portfolio with emphasis on investment grade securities (BBB-rated and higher). Identifies opportunities for relative performance within the corporate bond market inclusive of both the public and private placement market. The analyst will work closely with the portfolio manager to make both buy and sell decisions. Responsibilities will encompass individual credit analysis coupled with broader industry coverage. Works closely with both equity and high yield research staff to identify trends and opportunities. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary.
• Researches industry groups determining fundamental characteristics, trends and opportunities therein, including working with equity staff.
• Researches specific credits presenting formal and timely purchase/sell/position level recommendations to the credit team and portfolio managers. May work closely with the Head of Fixed Income in determining overall credit position levels across portfolios as to strategic trends within the general credit markets.
• Assists in developing investment grade corporate credit portfolio strategies.
• Assists in the analysis of non-public securites (private placements) as support to the private placement team.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• At minimum, 3-5 years’ proven successful experience in fundamental credit and/or equity analysis.
• Must provide examples of working under multiple deadlines and minimal supervision. Must cite examples of successfully organizing and effectively completing projects where given little or no direction.
• Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions in an expeditious manner. Must be able to cite examples of good decision-making skills as it pertains to security analysis when dealing with multiple alternatives.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
• Demonstrated experience effectively influencing a group to a recommended course of action.
• Proven strong quantitative and mathematical skills.
• Proven desire and initiative to strive for continuous improvement and excellence.
• Proven strong team orientation. Must provide examples from working experience of going above and beyond the call of duty to assist team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or quantitative-related field.
• MBA preferred.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• CFA preferred.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Centered on the interests of our clients, Fort Washington offers a wide range of financial solutions that are customized to the specific needs of both institutions and individuals. Our core commitment remains the same within the parameters of each investment strategy: to provide our clients with outstanding investment products and services that present long-term, above-average return potential. Fort Washington is a member of Western & Southern Financial Group.
Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc.
Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc., a registered investment advisor, provides professional and comprehensive investment management services for institutions, corporations, insurance companies, mutual funds, foundations, associations and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1990, Fort Washington and its subsidiaries manage more than $27.3 billion in assets, offering a broad array of investment styles from equity and fixed income to private equity fund of funds.
Fort Washington Capital Partners Group
Fort Washington Capital Partners Group (FWCPG), based in Cincinnati, Ohio, is the institutional private equity division of Fort Washington. FWCPG manages more than $1.8 billion in private equity commitments, including eight private equity funds of funds and various customized advisory programs. FWCPG team has been investing in private equity partnerships since 1984, beginning with investments on behalf of its parent company and affiliates. In 1999, FWCPG expanded its investment efforts to include third-party clients through its fund of funds offerings. To date, FWCPG has invested in more than 215 underlying funds.
Fort Washington Wealth Management Group
Fort Washington Wealth Management Group is the wealth management division of Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc., offering comprehensive and objective investment management, consulting and wealth advisory services to high-net-worth individuals, their businesses and philanthropic organizations.
Western and Southern Financial Group provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 9 months ago