IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing private sector investment, mobilizing capital in international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.
IFC’s Oil & Gas team supports the World Bank Group’s aim of improving access to efficient, reliable and affordable energy for the poor in emerging markets. The team is responsible for managing IFC’s investment activities in the areas of upstream exploration and production, midstream (pipelines, LNG, LPG), downstream gas distribution, and oilfield services. The Oil & Gas team has a solid track record of developmental success, as measured by the economic impacts of our projects, and by our international standard-setting in the areas of transparency, community development and environment & social performance. Our strategy includes targeting upside opportunities with junior companies in the E&P and services sectors, while also supporting transformational energy projects of national or regional importance. The team works with a wide range of investment products, from project finance and reserve-based lending on the debt side, to equity and quasi-equity in private and listed companies, frequently in partnership with other private equity funds and international commercial banks. To support the growth of this business, IFC is seeking an Investment Officer, to be based in Washington DC.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Help developing a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through proactive origination/business development and developing and employing sector/country knowledge;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities;
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases and equity sales, as necessary;
- Assist in the formulation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s strategy in the oil & gas sector, working with IFC’s regional industry and regional departments and in close coordination with the extractive industry groups at the World Bank;
- Assist in the development of the global oil & gas team’s knowledge management strategy, and assist in execution of this strategy;
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- At least 4-8 years experience in finance with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments;
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, and ability to focus on clients needs effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and investment opportunities;
- Strong financial, credit and equity skills; demonstrated ability to creatively structure a variety of complex debt and equity instruments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (French, Portuguese, Spanish) a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds and to mentor junior staff;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
IFC - 2 years ago
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...