Investment Operations is comprised of the Client Operations, Physicals, Derivatives, and Account Recon functions supporting in excess of $1T of principal traded across all asset classes on an annual basis. Investment Operations supports the Investment Division, specifically Russell's multi-manager, multi-asset, implementation services and direct investment business lines. The Investments Operations team supports trade capture, delivery, settlement, and reporting across products globally. This position will work closely with members of Russell Implementation Services including portfolio managers, analysts, and traders to deliver precise and scalable operational support.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
On a daily basis, support broad Derivative business through variety of deliverables to multiple teams in order to assist in determining client positions relative to policy targets which form the basis for trading.
This requires accessing data via various custodian on-line systems, Bloomberg and data vendor websites. Analyzing data for accuracy is a crucial step and requires working directly with broader Investment Operations team, Portfolio Managers, brokers, custodian banks and accounting platform.
Main Tasks include the following areas:
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Assisting Portfolio Managers/Traders with the implementation of new client trading strategies. This includes analyzing data received from internal systems/ clients, custodian and data vendor, setting up the client's portfolio in our internal systems, creating client reports and conducting beta testing
- Reconcile portfolio holdings between custodian banks, internal trading system(s) and brokers, track intra-day cash flows and complete weekly/monthly client performance reports
- Complete ad hoc Portfolio Manager and client requests
- Maintain documentation and innovate operational processes and procedures to reduce risk and increase efficiency in the daily trading process for Investment Division clients
- Follow the lifecycle of various OTC products / assignments (trade affirmation/variation margin /collateral)
- Integrate new best practice/implement new approaches to processing trades (Bloomberg/other platforms where necessary) as well as cash transfers resulting from funds’ activity
- Daily focus on reconciling OTC position valuations between our holdings/custodian/counterparty and our accounting team.
- Process daily collateral movements as necessary for derivatives/OTC positions.
- Analysts are required to work periodic holidays as well as early morning shifts (start time is 5:00am)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or business administration
- Candidates must be analytical, detail-oriented and precise with numbers, with a solid understanding of the securities/fund industry as well as investment concepts and strategies
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments under short deadlines
- Familiarity with custodian, broker, and money manager operations.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Excel and comfort with database applications. Knowledge of SQL and VBA code a plus but not required
- Ability to identify potential issues and promote efficient resolution; ability to set and pursue goals and demonstrate a commitment to organizational success
- Willingness and flexibility to work non-standard schedules associated with providing trading support across global markets
Russell Investments - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
No longer Frank Russell's company (it's a subsidiary of Northwestern Mutual), Russell Investments provides investment services to...