Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; current knowledge of investment products and related procedures and transactions; analytical skills and problem solving capabilities; ability to administer high volume of accounts and transactions; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ related experience normally required.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the investment services sales function; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the investment services sales function of which the following are illustrative:
a. Provides administrative, operational, and clerical support for Sr. Investment Services Executive and Investment Services Executive.
b. Sets up new accounts and completes account transfer paperwork.
c. Researches transactions and answers client inquiries.
d. Coordinates market orders for clients with broker on duty or Cetera Investment Services LLC trading desk when broker is unavailable.
e. Enters information into Cetera Investment Services LLC’s “customer and prospect contact” program.
f. Coordinates internal and external meetings.
g. Coordinates IRA transactions for clients with the Cetera Investment Services LLC IRA Questions Department (contributions, distributions, required minimum distributions, and necessary forms).
h. Prepares presentations for clients and other resource materials.
i. Prepares at least ten (10) portfolio reviews for higher net worth clients per month.
j. Updates various reports and posts transactions on a daily basis for purchases, sales, and called securities.
k. Assists with FDIC audit of all Cetera Investment Services LLC regions and coordinates quarterly “peer reviews” for internal compliance.
l. Reviews Cetera Investment Services LLC monthly commission reports with Investment Services Executive for accuracy.
m. Maintains and reconciles Cetera Investment Services LLC settlement account, including related deposits and withdrawals by clients and debits and credits from Cetera Investment Services LLC operations.
n. Completes daily settlements by wire.
o. Transfers funds to and from Cetera Investment Services LLC account or First United as instructed by client.
p. Records and ships physical securities to Cetera Investment Services LLC for accounts when certificates are involved.
q. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and provides superior quality service to clients.
r. Generates 1099s and 5498s for IRAs for which First United is custodial.
s. Reviews new account applications/annuities for accuracy to prevent compliance issues and/or additional signature or paperwork requirements.
t. Maintains department filing needs, general and confidential files, and compliance files for retail investments.
u. Orders department supplies as needed.
v. Actively seeks opportunities to cross sell bank products and services as appropriate.
w. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
2. PC/Computer keyboard
4. Fax machine
5. Copy machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse