Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The role of the Investment Specialist is to ensure smooth functioning of the work unit and all its members. The Investment Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and project support to a work unit, which includes team members at the Analyst, Manager, Director, Managing Director, and Chief Investment Officer level in multiple locations.
Budget / Finance
- Develops and maintains work unit business and administrative processes, ensuring alignment with Casey policies and work unit goals. Serves as the subject matter expert on administrative issues.
- Organizes, documents, and chairs weekly team meeting.
- Manages projects and events in conjunction with the work unit leadership team. Coordinates with work unit staff, other Casey work units, external partners, and vendors to ensure successful project/event completion.
- Responsible for co-ordination and production of agenda and materials for use in Investment Committee and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Responds to incoming requests from any team member, including the Chief Investment Officer, on a wide variety of issues and works through to resolution. Drafts and edits memoranda, reports, presentations, and other documents as requested.
- Provides general office support to work unit staff, including: ordering supplies, equipment, and serving as a liaison with other Casey work units. Responds to incoming inquiries on a wide variety of issues and works through to resolution.
- Manages paper and electronic files in accordance with appropriate guidelines and regulations. Inputs information into various electronic systems.
- Assists work unit with financial processes including Payment Authorization Forms (PAF), employee expense reports, and credit card reconciliations. Ensures compliance with Casey’s financial policies and procedures. May assist with work unit budgeting, tracking, and Monthly Spending Analysis (MSA).
- Supports the work unit leadership team in the development of the budget. Provides ongoing budget monitoring and variance analysis; prepares budget adjustments as needed. Works with work unit staff to ensure accurate processing of invoices, expense reports, and other financial items.
- Maintains team calendar and travel schedule. Works closely with the all members of the work unit team, including the Chief Investment Officer, and other internal and external parties to ensure a well coordinated schedule.
- Provides extensive international travel booking and calendar support to other employees.
- Occasional travel and flexibility for occasional overtime required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Interest in investments required
- Experience in the asset management industry an asset
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years of administrative support experience, at least 1 of which has been at the executive level. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, and effective written and verbal communication skills are needed. The ability to work autonomously and exercise independent judgment is required.
- A broad knowledge of computer software is required. Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite are needed.
- Proven success in working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment is required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
Casey Family Programs - 17 months ago