Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates
located in Singapore and London. As of March 31st, 2013, the firm managed approximately US$57 billion on behalf of
major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking for an investment strategist to join our investment team. This person will work closely with portfolio
managers and analysts as well as client service and marketing managers. This role will focus on developing engaging
and relevant research for clients and prospects. The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- World-class economic and investment knowledge as demonstrated by
experience in asset management, financial services, or academic
- Ability to write thought-leading materials on investment and
- Experience in presenting complex investment topics to a range of
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality and the ability to excel in a
Duties and Responsibilities:
The job will consist of identifying important and timely topics for
institutional investment managers and developing materials
to assist them to better perform their roles. Potential subjects
include asset allocation, investment policy, and equity
return analysis. Duties will cover:
- Publication and distribution of interesting and useful thought
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment
- Ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Regularly presenting at educational seminars and board retreats.
- Communicating with senior investment managers internally and
- Minimum of 7 years experience in finance and economics, preferably
in asset management, investment consulting, or academia.
- Passion for investing and capital markets.
- Familiarity with quantitative models and techniques required.
Ability to write or modify code to support analytical work is a plus.
- Graduate degree with outstanding academic record in economics,
finance, or a similar discipline required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Old Mutual (US) Holdings is the holding company for a group of about 20 asset management boutiques collectively known as Old Mutual Asset...