Description: This is a regular full-time exempt position working in cooperation with the investment team in implementing investment policies and procedures for investment management. Responsibilities include assisting in the portfolio management of the investable assets of the KSU Foundation, with direct responsibility for due diligence on existing and prospective investment managers. This position will serve as a backup in the role of rebalancing the portfolio. This position reports to the director of investments and will also coordinate and supervise part-time student positions.
Essential Functions: Core competencies 1. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the Kansas State University Foundation (quotfoundationquot) as it relates to the educational, research and service goals of the university with the ability to communicate the institution ’s needs and priorities – both internally and externally. 2. Establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with foundation coworkers, university partners, and donors.
3. Promote and demonstrate respect, collaboration, and friendly customer service in all working relationships. Due Diligence of Investment Managers 1. Participate in investor calls, annual investor meetings, due diligence visits and evaluate periodic manager reports.
2. Update KSU Foundation manager database as needed and maintain and develop Excel spreadsheets and other monitoring processes to support the due diligence effort. 3. Support additional monitoring required for private capital investments.
4. Image all manager documents and maintain manager files. 5. Assist in sourcing and diligence of prospective managers.
6. Review and recommendation of appropriate investments to the Trust Management Subcommittee for authorization to utilize in the trust portfolios. Pooled Funds Reporting and Analysis 1. Work closely with investment accounting staff in review and reconciliation of KSU Foundation pooled funds performance reports.
2. Calculate risk statistics on KSU Foundation pooled funds. 3. Compile data from outside sources in order to compare KSU Foundation investment performance and policies with industry and peer institutions.
4. Presentations to Asset Management Committee quarterly and various internal groups periodically. 5. Produce work papers as requested by auditors.
6. Assist in the communication of investment and distribution policies to donors and university faculty and staff. Education: Minimum bachelor ’s degree in finance or related field. CFA designation preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years institutional portfolio management experience, including the selection and monitoring of outside managers. Skills: Thorough understanding of investment theory, global economics and financial markets with working knowledge of business processes in such areas as venture capital, private equity, real estate, etc. Detail oriented, accuracy and ability to meet deadlines. Advanced computer ability in MS Office, particularly Excel.
Experience with Bloomberg, Investran and other investment programs a plus. Basic knowledge of fund accounting. Excellent organizational, motivational, oral communication and composition, analytical and problem solving skills necessary. Supervisory and time management skills required.
Confidentiality, high personal integrity and professionalism required. Requirements: Surety bond insurable and a valid motor vehicle operator ’s license. Position requires overnight and multi-day travel outside the state. To learn more about investment management at the KSU Foundation, visit http://www.found.ksu.edu/financials/investments/
Kansas State University Foundation - 19 months ago
The Kansas State University Foundation was established in 1944 as the official fundraising organization for Kansas State University. It is a...