This position is responsible for all administrative support and, if licensed, for assisting in the sale of investment products for the Investment Services Department, working closely with one or more Investment Advisors in one or more Anchor locations. It assists in the development and support of the assigned Advisors prospective and existing customers. Professional customer service skills required. This position requires the ability to: organize workflow, follow through on assigned tasks, to directly handle client questions, solve problems, work independently, and to take initiative when necessary. All in a timely manner with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with diverse circumstances. Accuracy and attention to detail are very important in this position.
This position is located in our Eagan branch.
We will consider both registered and non-registered applicants for this position. Certain requirements listed below pertain only to registered individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct Client Support
· Develops and cultivates effective Anchor relationships with new and existing clients
· Fields and responds to direct inquiries, either in person, electronically or via phone
· Responsible for thorough research and resolution of operational issues, up to and including the appropriate resolution of any issues to customer, company and regulator standards.
· Monitors and recognizes special/prospective life events with appropriate cards and or gifts
· Oversees internet access for broker dealer and financial partner websites
· Works with clients as needed to correct debit balances and collect fees from certain accounts
· If licensed, e nters, monitors and processes client account transactions per client directive and/or as directed by an Investment Advisor within regulatory limits
Direct Investment Advisor Support
· Handles daily administrative needs while adhering to compliance and regulatory policies
· Schedules performance reviews in coordination with by the Investment Advisor
· Produces reports and utilizes financial planning software for use in advisor/client reviews
· Assists and organizes client information prior to appointments and/or prepares proposals
· Prepares and maintains required documents for new and existing client accounts
· Processes LPL deposits and direct business investments
· Implements and maintains Goldmine tickler system to office standards to enhance the efficiencies of the Investment Advisor operations
· Serves as point of contact for all account inquiries and questions from financial partners and broker dealer inquiries
· Processes incoming mail and takes action as needed
· Tracks Investment Advisor sales statistics for investment team
· Provides additional support for our non-assigned financial advisors in other offices when needed as requested
· Maintains financial advisor website
· Performs critical calculations and processes which may include but not limited to such activities as Required Minimum Distributions, Cost Basis Analysis, Taxable Event Analysis
· Develops, coordinates and administratively supports client or prospect events and advisor seminars and other education efforts
· Assists and screens incoming internal Anchor Bank referrals and prospecting of new clients for appropriate Investment Advisor style and capacity matches.
· Assists, promotes and administers the internal Anchor referral process by serving as the program liaison, including referral education to tellers, bankers and other qualified participants.
General Office and Department Support
· Administers all office operations with a focus on prioritizing ever changing activities and responsibilities
· Recommends departmental or office procedural changes with a focus to prioritize for optimal customer experience taking into consideration peak efficiency and effectiveness
· Gathers various team and client data for departmental use and management reporting
· Contacts financial partners for reimbursable expenses and branded door prizes
· All other duties as assigned
Education and Training
· High School diploma required. College degree preferred. Significant experience may be subsititued for degree
· Two or more years of office administration and/or administrative assistance experience including basic computer and software knowledge including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Notes, the Internet and various database applications
· If licensed, your Series 6, 7 and, 63 licenses are current. Other potential licenses may be required to support Investment Advisor needs
· If licensed, you have a c lear CRD report with no reported incidents of concern. Any incidents of record must be disclosed upon application for employment. Failure to disclose can mean removal from consideration or termination of employment
· Must have a solid knowledge, understanding, and interest and experience in the investment industry, including financial markets, personal investing, wealth management, equity, debt and insurance products, trusts, Power-of-Attorney and Estate processing, financial planning, etc.
· Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of products, procedures, rules and regulations of various types of securities including: mutual funds, annuities, equities, Advisory/managed accounts, REITS, ETFs, UITs and Qualified plans
· Successfully complete annual Firm Element and Continuing Education and other broker dealer or Anchor Bank training as required
· Able to work with various technology and software platforms, including Goldmine, Excel, Word, BranchNet, Money Tree
· Participate in broker dealer and financial partner conference calls, webinars and RegEd training opportunities to satisfy regulator requirements
· Monitor trends in social media for the potential to expand business opportunities
· Attend training seminars to enhance professional expertise and personal development
Compliance and Regulation Requirements
· Responsible for all compliance procedures and information in a highly regulated environment with duties such as maintaining, ordering and replacing investment literature as needed
· Comply with industry regulations and proactively stay current on changing regulations
· Participate and coordinate in all aspects of branch office internal and external audits
· If licensed, maintain all licensing continuing education requirements
· Must be able to accurately calculate and comprehend moderate to advanced mathematical financial figures and calculations such as discounts, interest, commissions, bps and percentages and other financial formulas.
Other Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrably strong customer service and problem resolution skills in person and electronically. Consistent ability to utilize sound decision making skills consistent with Anchor Bank, LPL and regulator policies in the absence of direct supervision.
· Superior human relations skills
· Ability to work effectively under deadlines and pressure.
· Ability to adapt easily to change within a fast growing department.
· Self motivated ability to work consistently, enthusiastically, and productively under minimal supervision.
· Must be highly organized.
· Must have excellent computer skills and the ability to adapt to new resources.
· Ability to multi-task competing responsibilities.