Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
Higher One is not your typical financial services company. Our environment is open – we do not have offices – not even for upper management. We typically work in casual attire, and while our focus on excellence is anything but casual, we know how to have fun, too. Teams have been known to plan surprise nerf gun attacks on other departments. We work hard – and we have fun while we do it.
The Investor Relations Director is responsible for the creation and development of the investor relations function for a high growth company. The primary function of this position is to work with the senior leadership team to professionally and consistently communicate the company’s financial position, strategy, growth opportunities and business initiatives to investors, stakeholders and employees. The successful candidate will have strong financial knowledge, communication skills, and business acumen. The IR Director will report to the CFO.
- Assist and support the preparation of quarterly earnings deliverables such as: earnings releases, earnings presentations, and ad hoc financial analyses.
- Act as spokesperson for the company to introduce, position, and market the company to potential investors and current investors.
- Respond to investor inquiries/requests in a timely manner.
- Research, track, manage and summarize earnings estimates, analyst reports and compilation of analyst financial models.
- Monitor and track company, industry and market trends, and provide analyses and insights.
- Develop peer analyses and competitive intelligence for senior management.
- Design and create PowerPoint presentations for board, stakeholder and employee meetings.
- Prepare communication releases for internal and external audiences.
- Manage the company’s website content and make periodic updates as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, finance or accounting) required.
- 4-6 years investor relations experience required.
- Investment Banking, Sales or Public Relations experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of security regulations a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships and to convey company strategy and messaging to various audiences.
- Critical thinking, financial and investment analyses skills required.
- Ability to evaluate business performance from several angles, including from the perspective of clients, investors and employees.
- Excel Modeling and PowerPoint skills required.
- Posses high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Higher One - 22 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...