Develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Supports and maintains software applications. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of complicated tasks related to the development process.
Primary Duties at SunGard Investran
• Participate in the development cycle of Investran, DX, or other development effort as a member of an Agile SCRUM team playing the designated role/specialty within the team at any given sprint. Possible SCRUM team specialty roles could be (but not limited to):
o Scrum Master: Serves as a facilitator for the scrum project environment within the team.
o Test Engineer: Responsible for delivering high quality/bug free builds to QA by testing all “set to ready” items in the appropriate test environment.
o SQL Engineer: Responsible for writing T-SQL code, DML and DDL scripts to implement specified requirements, new features, maintenance and bug fixing.
• Execute and complete all tasks assigned within Agile SCRUM team for a given sprint.
• Follow defined software engineering practices.
• Follow defined software development cycle process.
• Report to Software Engineer Manager from the line management perspective.
• Other related duties deemed appropriate and assigned by upper managers.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java, or C++.
• Willing to learn
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Familiar with Microsoft development tools and frameworks (Visual Studio, TFS, .NET, C#, VB, ASP.NET, WCF, etc.).
• Familiar with T-SQL development and MS SQL-Server.
• Familiar with Agile/XP development and engineering practices.
• Good speaking and communication skills.
• Team player.
SunGard’s Asset Management segment provides business-critical investment and operational support to asset management businesses in 30 countries, spanning the world of traditional and alternative investment. Our customers include institutional investors, hedge funds, private equity firms, and third party administrators. Our systems support every stage of the investment process, from portfolio management, risk and valuation to compliance, accounting, and transfer agency. With more than 1,000 staff in financial centers around the world and more than $25 trillion processed on our platforms, our business is a global leader in asset management technology.