At FuelQuest our mission is to be the preferred partner of companies dedicated to better controlling and managing their costs and margins by delivering value-based solutions and services complimented by world-class support. We are committed to deliver measurable value to our customers and to continually expand that value through improvements to our solutions and processes. These improvements are enabled by our highly motivated team of industry and solution experts collaborating in an environment of teamwork, empowerment and accountability.
We are currently seeking an Invoice Reconciliation Specialist for our Houston, TX office.
- To relieve burden from director of supplier and operations.
- To ensure operational processes on delivery and invoice reconciliation are best in class.
- To ensure operational processes on delivery and invoice reconciliation are followed rigorously.
- To save customers money by ensuring that the Fuel Center is optimally managing delivery and invoice reconciliation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follow issues through to resolution.
- Potentially enter comparison delivery information.
- Ensure all incidents have detailed issue ticket filled out.
- Oversee daily invoice process and procedures per customer.
- Assist in managing the testing of future FMS application releases.
- Follow all invoice and delivery reconciliation procedures and policies.
- Potentially enter other master data to support your primary functions.
- Reconcile invoices for Fuel Center customers using the FMS software in a timely manner.
- Reconcile deliveries for Fuel Center customers using the FMS software in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify and document root causes for issues so that the longer term problem is fixed (This is critical so that invoice issues do not keep recurring).
- Proactively improve reconciliation process to ensure fastest and most accurate reconciliation.
- Identify FMS application errors, as well as enhancements for application which allow for greater scalability and daily work flow efficiencies.
Minimum Qualifications, Education Requirements:
- MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to perform shift work.
- Customer service experience.
- Past AP or invoice reconciliation experience.
- Attention to detail and strong process orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of downstream fuel supply chain a plus.
- Basic knowledge of motor fuel tax laws and regulations.
- Must be able to understand issues and resolve independently within guidelines provided.
- Fuel Transportation billing knowledge or experience with fuel supplier contract mechanisms
- such as Platts, OPIS and DTN based pricing.
- Previous experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software that requires critical decision making (i.e. not merely entering data into a screen, but interacting with an enterprise level software in a way where the user is required to make decisions outside of the application that impact how effective the application will be).
- Bachelors degree preferred