Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Compliance Technology is looking to add a lead Actimize software developer to join our qualified and diverse team to develop and implement a strategic Issue Tracking system. This Issue Tracking system will be used by the firms Compliance areas globally to capture, track, escalate and report issues and action plans.
As a lead software developer, the candidate will be primarily responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of applications consistent with Barclays Global Compliance IT development processes and procedures. The candidate will also be responsible for evaluating design alternatives and creating technology solutions that meet business needs, and are in line with Global Compliance IT strategies and architectures.
In addition to leading the development team and all phases of the project, the chosen candidate will also work with project managers and Global Technology Sourcing to advise on supplier and cost options and takes responsibility for ensuring that solutions adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
- Identify, define and implement the strategies and technical architecture to produce high-quality applications within budget and schedule.
- Analyze, design, test and maintain the Actimize ERCM implementation consistent with Barclays Global Compliance IT development processes and procedures.
- Maintain an extensive understanding of existing and emerging technologies. Identify, promote and implement those technologies that will benefit and profit Barclays.
- Mentor and review work of peers and more junior developers.
- Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, and identify cost/benefits accordingly.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor.
- Assists with database design and mentors more junior developers in regard to database structure and best practices development.
- Provides technical support to RTB or other development teams.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of commercial software development experience with at least 8 years of Actimize software development
- 10+ years experience with both Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Experience in web technologies: HTML, XML, XSL
- Experience in building web services using technologies such as WSE/WCF
- Experience working with enterprise-level reporting, data, and requirements
- At least 8 years of experience and working knowledge of NICE Actimize software development. Experience in Case Manager is a big plus
- Experience in Data warehouse design and implementation a plus
- Experience in UDB, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, UNIX and Windows.
- Experience in ETL, OLAP and BI technologies a big plus.
- Experience working with enterprise-level reporting, data, and requirements.
- Ability to identify issues and risks with projects which may impact delivery timelines; and cognizance to escalate issues with vendors/management as required.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a demanding and varied workload.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized, excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in documenting system architectures and workflows.
- Evidence of being innovative and self-motivated
- Proven ability to understand and describe complex designs and systems
- Demonstrated ability to learn and wisely apply new platforms and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership in a global team environment, serving multiple internal customer groups across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex tasks with minimal technical and management guidance
- Prepared for a highly collaborative team environment with much technical discussion and open debate
- Experience in providing database support/maintenance and troubleshooting skill
Barclays Investment Bank - 21 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...