Post Date: 3/13/2013
The Item System Setup Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the item and change management process. The role requires direct support and management of item setup and change management processes to ensure timely and accurate processing of engineering change orders (ECOs), item setups, and item data maintenance. The role also requires a cross functional rotation in the customer service and order management team to ensure alignment and understanding across inter-related business functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and support of item setup process including assignment of new product numbers, product mod codes, GTIN (i.e. UPCA and I2O5) assignment, and other related item attributes.
• Serve as change analyst in ECO process spanning multiple systems including Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) to ensure that item setup process steps are followed consistently across all business units and organizations.
• Work collaboratively with a variety of departments including Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Service, Sales, Pricing, and Manufacturing to support item setup requirements and deadlines.
• Support product data requests from internal and external customers.
• Provide testing support for system changes.
• Develop and maintain process documentation and training materials.
• Serve in regular rotation supporting evolving customer service priorities and business requirements. Details regarding rotation structure will be established based on a review of skills and priorities.
• Support product data quality and governance initiatives including data cleansing, data validation, and oversight of data completeness and correctness.
• Troubleshoot and resolve integration errors between systems supporting supply chain, shipping.
• Support required item setups for Masterlockshop.com and other related web sites.
• Strong customer service background/experience
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to develop long term resolutions to issues.
• Strong team player with leadership qualities.
• Ability to work effectively across multiple teams and departments.
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong organizational skills.
• Understanding of item, change management (i.e. ECO), and bill of material (BOM), concepts.
• Experience with Agile PLM and/or Oracle E-Business Suite software a plus.
• Detailed knowledge of Master Lock products and customers.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 22 months ago