Plan, facilitate and resolve barriers for Agile development teams working on medium to large organizational ("Projects") priorities from inception through completion, using iteration management.
1. Coordinate all aspects of Agile development (planning, monitoring throughout and velocity, scope/issue management, etc.) through completion to achieve iteration goals and commitments. Proficient in managing Agile teams responsible for medium to large sized project delivery.
2. Facilitates effort estimates with the team to support release, iteration and project forecasting/ funding process within the team.
3. Leads iteration planning collaboratively, working with the Business Lead or Product Owner to build and maintain a prioritized product backlog.
4. Drives team performance by eliminating waste and fostering an environment of continuous improvement, including facilitating decision making and protecting the team from outside forces and distractions.
5. Performs peer-to-peer coaching, training and mentoring to improve process competencies across multiple standing teams.
6. Leads retrospective, daily standup and show-and-tell meetings to encourage collaboration, communication, feedback and learning among the team. Reports project health to needed levels in the organization, sometimes in partnership with the Project or Program Manager. Communicates obstacles needing outside help to the Project Manager.
7. Manages risks through each iteration and assesses impact to project timeline, scope. Works with Agile team and leadership team as needed to resolve any issues that become a reality.
8. Manages vendor/contractor relationships within the Agile team in conjunction with project leadership.
9. Ensures the team is ready for release and iteration planning by inspecting functional requirement quality (e.g., use cases, stories, etc.).
10. Capable of closely managing velocity and tracking teams progress and assess changes needed for future iterations.
11. Continuously improves iteration management capabilities within team by identifying best practices, adopting consistent, standard work and coaching/pairing across teams.
Four-year technical degree in MIS or CS and/or comparable education & experience is strongly preferred, 5+ years of PM, IT or BA/QA technical experience; previous experience working in an iterative development environment with functional knowledge of Agile methods and tools a plus. Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand format such as written proposals and strategies is also needed. Should possess excellent oral/presentation skills, with the ability to develop and deliver presentations, lead and facilitate planning/strategic discussions, and mediate the decision process in a group setting to create win/win outcomes. Ability to coordinate medium to large size projects a must. Insurance industry experience preferred. Certifications / training in the field of project management desired. Must have the ability to lead meetings and set agendas.