J2EE, Web Services Tech Lead, Global Funds Management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.5 trillion and assets under management of $1.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
As Technology Lead for global Funds Management – Marketing, you will own all technology solutions within the Funds Web and Services platform. You will be responsible for developing technology solutions for business requirements, design solution architectures, act as guardian for the various development, testing and delivery environments.
You will participate in Strategic application development initiatives and develop state of the art J2EE/Web services solutions for the Content Management platform. You will develop and own technical knowledge of all application components within the program. You will work with the Project Managers to develop design and validate them with relevant Tech leadership, monitor and own execution of the development, testing, deployment and validation functions for all technology initiatives.
• Take ownership of all technology solutions within the Funds Web and Services platform
• Participate and oversee the development function for the Funds Web Platform, which includes multiple internal and external facing web applications, Content Management Systems, batch programs and databases.
• Be part of and drive a team of geographically distributed analysts and developers responsible for the program’s Strategic initiatives development function.
• Develop and nurture an effective and productive working relationship with business and technology teams
• Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible
• Set and implement policies and procedures related to application quality standards and testing.
• Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews
• Clarify questions from the development team with regards to intended usage of the software, definition of business terms, etc.
• Oversee development resources both internal and vendor sourced, validate estimates and drive application development to produce quality solutions for the Marketing team
• Develop productive working relationships with business, technology, infrastructure, architecture and enterprise technology teams that participate in the SELC and ensure coverage of all aspects of application development and delivery
• Work will include all aspects of software development lifecycle concentrated with web development using Java/J2EE platform and databases.
• Must have a deep understanding of client/server architecture with proven experience working in a multi-tier software application.
• Should be well versed in testing techniques to produce comprehensive test cases for all developed code. Must also support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises. Should be capable of producing solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications
• Be responsible for developing web applications using J2EE platform and Web technologies in collaboration with other members of the team.
• Interpret Functional Specifications, create Technical specifications and have the ability to deliver quality code to specification.
• She/he must be comfortable interacting with team members, management and business partners spread across several geographical locations.
• Must be comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum team setting
• Proven experience in Java/J2EE/Web Services programming working on large and medium scale software projects.
• Prior experience playing the role of Scrum Master is desired (optional).
• Usage of Agile PM tools such as JIRA, GreenHopper, Mingle, etc.
• Proven skills in using J2EE modules such as JSP, JDBC, Servlet, and REST based services
• Knowledge of relational database languages (Sybase or Oracle)
• Thorough knowledge of the Agile SELC
• Knowledge and experience in thin client web UI technologies such as AJAX, JQuery, strongly preferred
• Content Management experience (Fatwire) desirable
• Experience with Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management.
• Experience with IDE's such as RAD, Eclipse or similar.
• Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversity of team location and background
• SQL/Stored procedures skills
• Mobile development experience desirable
• Usage of document repositories such as Sharepoint.
• Usage of prototyping and visual tools
• Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversity of team location and background.
• B.S. (Computer Science preferred), should have proven course work in several computer software, algorithms, data structures, programming languages subject areas.
• 7+ years of experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to all levels - management, colleagues
• Ability to develop strong relationships and influence people
• Ability to be a part of a team and actively contribute at all levels.
• Must be well versed & in touch with latest industry trends in technology
• Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in developing technical designs and developing applications in the J2EE / Web Services / Content Management platforms
• Strong organizational skills
• Funds Management experience a plus
US-NY-New York-4 New York Plaza / 02324
Asset & Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase - 5 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...