Req ID: 1014
The J2EE Architect will work with IT leaders and the VP of eCommerce to support, enhance, and expand the organizations eCommerce platform.
- Coordinates requirements with offshore team or delivers directly depending on urgency, complexity, etc.
- Provides local-hours support of the e-Commerce landscape for the organization's employees
- Subject Matter Expert for E-Commerce and Product Catalog platforms in future eCommerce projects
- Communicates status of enhancements and corrections to stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion
- Design reviews and code reviews from the architectural point of view, ensuring the technical quality of project deliverables
- Contribute to the development of reusable components for the eCommerce practice
- Mentoring of developers and junior architects
- Keep up to date with latest eCommerce trends and apply them to solve business challenges
- 6+ years of total IT experience with special focus on architecture, design, and development of eCommerce and J2EE applications.
- Experience with popular e-Commerce platforms such as ATG, Magento, IBM, Hybris, etc.
- Integration Knowledge of J2EE with various services such as ERP, payment gateways, and other third parties.
- In-depth knowledge of various performance optimizations on client side, server side, and database
- Hands-on experience with SOA including RESTful services
- Experience working with application servers such as JBoss, Weblogic, etc. Preferably on JBoss
- Experience working with web servers such as Apache, IBM HTTP Server, IIS, preferably on Apache 2.2+
- Experience working with search engines such as Endeca, Mercado, Verity, preferably on Endeca
- Ability to work with business users, product managers, QA, Release, UI and cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Experience configuring and utilizing various continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
- Experience configuring and utilizing various code quality tools like PMD, SONAR, etc.
- Exposure to A/B testing tools such as SiteSpect, Optimost, and Adobe/Omniture
- Able to compare the features, best practices/techniques across commerce frameworks for better adoption in the project
- W3C compliance and conventions
- Exposure to various server configurations for better maintainability and performance such as JBOSS, Apache and should be working closely with the Server admin team
- Willingness to work in an office in Stamford, CT
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman! (www.harman.com)
Posting Notes: Select this (Reserved for Future Use)
- 2 years ago - save job
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including...