Job Order: J1012-1358 - Permanent Full Time
Title: J2EE Developer
Category: Information Technology
City: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Job Description: J2EE Developer
The Health and Compliance group at CGI Federal is looking for J2EE Developers who can be part of a large team in a dynamic and changing environment. Projects include software solution development and maintenance for mission critical applications in the federal healthcare space.
The projects utilize rapid design and development techniques to respond to client demands for meeting the challenges of healthcare reform and open government directives. CGI Federal provides in-depth functional and technical expertise, offering clients a focused set of solutions that help federal health organizations to become more productive, cost-effective, secure and service-oriented.
Position Description: The Senior J2EE Developer will be responsible for design and development activities, including new development and on-going maintenance of applications. The developer will also be responsible for troubleshooting during production support efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, development, implementation, optimization and integration of Java application components in a J2EE platform, 3-zone SOA architecture,
- Translation of requirements into software designs and efficient, well-written software code
- Unit testing of developed components
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of developed applications Required
A related degree is required plus 2-5 years of experience with the following: -Software development life-cycle (Academic/Internship experience is acceptable for Junior Developer applicants); Agile/SCRUM experience a plus
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- Hands-on knowledge of J2EE, Web Services using JAX-WS, JAX-B and XML/Xpath/XSLT/XQuery, and SQL. Knowledge of Spring, Seam, JSF, Hibernate and other frameworks a definite plus.
- Experience with J2EE IDEs such as Eclipse, build and deployment using ANT/Maven, XML editors like XML Spy. Ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures and basic database development leveraging Oracle 10g. Knowledge of JBoss Application Server a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities; ability to iteratively define and implement solutions as requirements are being identified and finalized. Ability to work collaboratively within a team and result-oriented approach and attitude.
- Ability to collaborate with technical architects and business leads to understand functional requirements and the big picture and develop effective, flexible solutions. Ability to develop and document design using Visio, UML and other modeling tools.
- Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in CMMI Level 3 (or higher) environments is a plus
- Experience working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the CMS 3-zone architecture is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Health IT and healthcare information exchange also a plus *LI-RS1 At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Web Development
- Web Services
CGI - 23 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...