Emtec, established in 1964, provides technology-empowered business solutions for world-class organizations in the enterprise, federal, state and local government, and education markets. With offices in 14 cities in the U.S., Canada and India, Emtec is big enough to address our client needs but small enough to care. Our local offices, highly-skilled associates, and global delivery capabilities ensure the accessibility and scale to align client’s technology solutions with their business needs. Emtec’s singular mission is to create “Clients for Life” - long-term relationships that deliver rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value. Our offerings span the entire IT lifecycle: from Consulting through Packaged, Custom, and Cloud Applications as well as a variety of Infrastructure Services.
This position is in Indianapolis, IN.
Job description/Key Responsibilities
- Design and develop APIs and webservice interfaces
- Analyze existing application code written in LAMP, PHP to extract business logic and rules.
- Validate functional requirements with business analysts and develop design specifications working closely with core design and project teams to meet short and long term program goals.
- Design and develop technical solutions per needs assessment, requirements and time lines through the entire product development life cycle.
- Keep project managers and leaders aware of progress and key opportunities for improvements.
- Evaluate existing applications for potential synergies and integration options.
Must Have Skills/Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of web services, MVC framework, SOA
- 3+ years of advance knowledge in J2EE, SOA
- 3+ years of experience with SDLC practices with a proven track record of project and product delivery
- 3+ years of proven track record in code delivery & project and time management
- Zend portal framework and Microsoft Team Foundation Server is a plus
- A focus on security patterns and web services
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing complex environment
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with Executives
- Strong presentation skills
Emtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship now or in the future by the employer for a visa
Emtec, Inc. - 14 months ago