Equinox is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative and highly motivated J2EE Developer to join our team. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and welcomes new challenges every day. This position requires experience in performing system analysis, software design and hands on development.
Equinox is always looking for the world's finest talent to bring their drive and unique personality to our growing team! Flexibility, creative thinking and cross-discipline collaboration are essential. The successful candidate will be familiar with the different phases of the SDLC, be responsible for developing code that meets team standards and practices and performing necessary unit tests.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant creative impact for our members and our business through a variety of different applications including Websites, Kiosks, iPhone and iPad. Additionally, this position presents unique possibilities for career growth.
This is a permanent full-time position located at out NYC corporate offices near Union Square.
- 5+ years hands-on technical experience with J2EE application development
- Expert level understanding of J2EE/SOA framework with practical experience implementing large scale transactional systems in a SOA
- Hands on experience with IBM Websphere Integration Developer IDE
- Experience building and deploying applications on IBM Websphere Application Server 6.x and IBM Websphere Enterprise Service Bus 6.x
- Experience developing applications that leverage both Hibernate and Spring frameworks.
- Apply Object Oriented Analysis and Design techniques and implementation using commonly known design patterns
- Create and maintain unit level tests for all new development
- Strong XML processing experience with XSD, XPath, XSL, XSLT, etc.
- Strong SQL development skills on MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Collaborate with engineers both internal and external to the organization
- Participates in estimation and project planning activities related to development projects.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE based development
- 2+ years of experience developing web services
- Assumes an ownership role and takes the responsibility seriously
- Able to work independently while keeping teammates abreast of milestones, dependencies and issues
- Able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Eager to contribute to a highly collaborative team dynamic
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
- 2 years ago - save job
It’s not work. It’s life.
Discover inspiring career opportunities and unlimited potential for growth at Equinox. We are the...