Our NIH Client is seeking an experienced J2EE Software Engineer to support the Medical Language Branch of the Office of Computer and Communications Systems (OCCS) within the National Library of Medicine.
This software engineer will be an integral member of a centralized creative team that provides shared services to various institutes within the NIH. This position will support many exciting creative development projects (some existing applications other will be new/concept applications). Responsibilities include but are not limited to full J2EE life cycle development; Web services; and database design.
Candidate must have the following skills:
• Extensive experience with Java/J2EE Development
• Experience with various Development Tools (Eclipse, SVN, etc.)
• Database design and SQL expertise
• Web Services
• JavaServer Faces (JSF)
• Model-View-Controller (MVC)
• Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
--Very strong written and verbal communication skills
--Excellent problem solving skills
--Strong interpersonal and communication skills
--Ability to work in a small team environment
--Experience working independently on projects, providing feedback to task lead.
--Must be self directed to accomplish assigned tasks
The following skills are desirable skills:
- Prior NIH Experience a Plus
- Any UMLS, Medical or medical drug knowledge is a plus
- JBoss Deployment and Administration
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
8434024:Health Information Svcs
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...