OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer for our Open Text Social Community product that has many years of deep experience with the required web technologies. This position will require proficiency with all levels of the J2EE stack but especially an expert in the web tier technologies. Engineering is globally dispersed, so an ability to work with local and remote sources is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- R&D of existing and future Social Community product
- Participates in design of the component architecture and direction with emphasis on UI
- Participates in implementation of products spanning multiple components and processes
- Participates in the software development process from design to release to ensure customer success.
- Provides assistance to customer support and technical publications as needed.
- Mentors and directs other engineers
- Must possess 5 or more years of expert level J2EE application development experience (server side/backend).
For more information about Open Text and Open Text job opportunities, visit http://www.opentext.com/2/global/company-careers.html
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Familiar with scalable system design
- Familiar with source code control systems (CVS, SVN, Perforce, etc.)
- Ability to communicates complex concepts and issues effectively
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 877-201-7127.
If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
OpenText is the leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
Our EIM products enable businesses to grow faster, lower operational...