Ready to change the way the world works? This is your chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as your career, with the world's second largest software-maker. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM, we're strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications as well.
As an IBM Software Developer, you'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. You'll be responsible for ensuring that company software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace. Join us.
The J2EE Web 2.0 Application Developer is responsible for developing new functionality in the OpenPages software, an enterprise-scale multi-platform commercial J2EE application. Responsibilities include driving the design and development of features in upcoming releases, as well as troubleshooting, debugging, and solving problems in existing releases.
The successful candidate will have excellent critical thinking skills, a deep understanding of software design principles, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for building high quality software.
Required Skills and Experience
• Experience with Java programming, object oriented design, and design-patterns
• Experience with J2EE application server programming
Other Desired Skills
• Hands-on experience with Web 2.0 application development, including Dojo, AJAX, JSON, REST
• Experience with Struts and Tiles or other MVC Frameworks
• Working knowledge of the Selenium Test Framework
• Strong Java (JSE) programming skills and object-oriented design
• Experience with J2EE application server programming (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic)
• Experience with persistence layers and messaging (JDBC, JTA, JMS)
• Proven track record of delivering a mission critical, high volume enterprise web applications
• Complete understanding of the full product development lifecycle
• Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones
• Strong team player with excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to understand abstract meta-data driven programming models
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Ability to write clear and concise technical documents and presentations
• Experience with the Eclipse development environment, and Ant build scripts
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer information systems, math, or equivalent
- At least 6 months experience in Experience with Java programming, object oriented design, and design-patterns
- At least 6 months experience in Experience with J2EE application server programming
- English: Intermediate
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 10 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...