Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
The System Development Specialist is a fully qualified individual producer who applies a broad knowledge of engineering/automation concepts, practices and procedures. Incumbents are competent to work on fairly complex assignments (and/or portions of larger, complex systems) and perform a full range of development activities. The incumbent generally works under deadlines and is capable of handling heavy workloads, and operating with only general supervision, although errors at this level can cause delay, expense and/or disruption. Provide occasional functional guidance to less experienced staff. Incumbents are responsible for the installation, development, implementation, and customization of hardware and software system elements.
Duties and Responsibilities
May perform one or more of the following:
Education and Typical Years Experience
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products
- Responsibilities may encompass: operating systems programming, software technical support analysis, communications and network systems analysis, configuration management, general end-user support and training, microsystems analysis, data security analysis, software quality assurance and testing, office automation, network operations, information systems auditing, production control analysis, and technical library support
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs
- Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications
- Designs web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality; develops infrastructure and applications related to pages
- May make hardware or software purchasing recommendations regarding web development
- May make architecture decisions including capacity planning
- Works with network and technical staff in other offices that provide support for EDI.
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible related technical experience, including 2 years developing large, technically complex systems and 1year with major responsibility for developing, revising and controlling technical documentation of a complex system.
Required Technical and Special Requirements
IDE experience: Eclipse, NetBeans
Windows Server 2003/2008, IBM AIX
MS Office/ MS Project
Excellent oral and written communications
Must be detailed oriented
Proven ability to work independently
Hours of availability vary accordingly
Healthcare Claims Processing
Electronic Healthcare Transactions: Primarily Eligibility Inquiry and Response 270/271
Experience with various transmission protocols: FTP, SFTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
Excellent customer service skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to “lay” personnel, internal and external, commercial and government
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to
- 3 years ago - save job
You won't find many companies listed in the dictionary as a verb. Xerox, once self-styled as "The Document Company," has...