We are currently looking for a project oriented Senior J2EE Developer who has a solid background in the design and deployment of complex, maintainable and scalable enterprise systems and applications, preferably using ATG R5.x and higher. Our Senior Developers provide technical and development expertise to our growing development teams and lead development initiatives architecting robust solutions. They participate in development and testing, as well as lead the deployment, maintenance and further enhancement of such enterprise systems.
- During the planning and design phase, work collaboratively with team members to come up with comprehensive and viable designs and estimates.
- In collaboration with the development team and depending on the size of the project, develop subsystems or full system using technologies assigned by the Technical Architect
- Develop clean, accurate, and effective code
- Collaborate with the front-end team and other technical people to integrate back end and front end issues
- Participate in project meetings including post project analysis and provide insightful input and ideas and effectively communicate project status and challenges
- Partner with QA throughout the development process and quickly respond to bugs and errors identified by QA
- Ensure bugs are rectified and prepare documentation explaining the steps taken to overcome bugs
- Prepare accurate documentation throughout projects
- Research and experiment with new technologies and share your discoveries with the team
- Work with external companies such as ISP?s on occasion in an effort to meet project goals
- Contribute to internal projects on an as needed basis
- Participate in Zemoga cultural events
- Other duties as needed
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent experience
- Object oriented programming and methodologies are second nature
- You understand the challenges of cross-site software development
- Knowledge of transactional persistent data sources (SQL, OODB)
- Proficiency in designing distributed systems that can support large numbers of concurrent users
- Strong hands-on experience in Java programming and related technologies such as Java Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), EJB, Jave Server Faces (JSF) and J2EE
- Strong experience with J2EE application servers
- Experience using CVS, ANT, Junit
- Experience working in a consulting environment with external clients
- Knowledge of distributed RPC protocols: TCP, HTTP, RMI, web services
- Experience in component software design
- Knowledge of messaging, queuing and common object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience in mainframe software integration (SAP, Siebel) is a plus.
- Expert understanding of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle 8i, and MySqll
- Committed to continuous learning
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in high pressure situations
- You are a natural leader and can manage technical and non-technical team members
- You possess strong verbal and written skills
Zemoga - 9 months ago