Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking two JAVA Software Developers to join our team in Riverdale, MD.
Key Role/Position Description:
- Support development of custom code and integration of COTS software for current, future, and past releases of system software, including support to multiple subsystem components.
- Perform design, development, integration, and test in support of software deliveries.
- Follow established EED processes, work as an integrated team member on the EED Project, and work with less experienced developers.
- Be familiar with and follow the program schedules and meet the established program milestones.
- Lead a team of less experienced software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 to 8 years of directly applicable work experience in supporting development and sustainment of a large system in a Linux environment; 3 to 10 years is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 6 years experience writing Java, C++, and other high level language code is required.
- A minimum of 1 to 4 years experience with Perl and shell scripts, and writing and maintaining software documentation is required.
- Two years of team or technical leadership is preferred.
- ECS/EMD Project experience a plus.
- Experience in integration of large complex systems desired.
- Experience with Sybase, Selenium, Tomcat, TestTrack Pro, and Sun Java System Web Server a plus.
- Required Education (including Major): B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
Fairfield Technologies, Inc. - 2 years ago