Provides service for shipment, receipt, and storage of personal property for military and civilian members of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard moving into, within, or out of the geographic area specified for JPPSO. Conducts counseling with military personnel, dependents, and civilian personnel regarding inbound and outbound personal property shipping needs and services. Assists in determining the quantity and type of property involved and explaining the entitlement to ship and /or store personal property at government expense. Conducts individual and group counseling sessions and accurately informs applicants of entitlements IAW Joint Travel Regulations. Typical personal property shipments include PCS/TDY and local moves. Additional duties include scheduling customers for appointments and providing information to customers while manning the customer service desk.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares all required documentation for outbound shipments of personal property for all authorized military and civilian personnel to domestic and overseas locations.
- Screens property lists and shipment applications.
- Coordinates the appropriate mode of transportation.
- Reviews advance shipping documents to determine appropriate arrangements and disposition.
- Inputs and corrects all data related to the transportation function in the JPPSO database.
- Briefs incoming and outgoing customers on procedures for storage, contracted mover responsibilities, claims, and loss and damage statements.
- Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of administrative experience.
- Must have a valid Dr i ver’s License and be able to meet JBLM driving requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of shipping papers, DD1299, and Government Bills of Lading.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Transportation Operational Personal Property Standard System (TOPPS).
- Knowledge and understanding of the On-Base filing system.
- Ability to verify and process paperwork and perform data entry into various military based tracking systems.
- Knowledge of international shipping regulations, customs, and standards for international shipping.