The Mission of the Joint Personal Property Shipping Office (JPPSO), JBLM Area, is to provide services for shipment, receipt, and storage of personal property for military and civilian members of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard moving into, within, or out of the geographic area specified for JPPSO Washington Area (Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and California).The Joint Personal Property Shipping Office (JPPSO) Clerk conducts counseling with military personnel, dependents, and civilian personnel regarding inbound and outbound personal property shipping needs and services. The Clerk also assists in determining the quantity and type of property involved and explaining the entitlement to ship and /or store personal property at government expense. Typical personal property shipments include PCS/TDY and local moves. The JPPSO Clerk conducts individual and group counseling sessions and accurately informs applicants of entitlements IAW Joint Travel Regulations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Prepare all required documentation for outbound shipments of personal property for all authorized military and civilian personnel to domestic and overseas locations.
- Screen property lists and shipment applications.
- Coordinate the appropriate mode of transportation.
- Review advance shipping documents to determine appropriate arrangements and disposition.
- Input and correct all data related to the transportation function in the JPPSO database.
- Brief incoming and outgoing customers on procedures for storage, contracted mover responsibilities, claims, and loss and damage statements.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- One year of administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of Shipping papers, DD1299, and Government Bills of Lading.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Transportation Operational Personal Property Standard System (TOPPS).
- Knowledge and understanding of the On-Base filing system.
- Ability to verify and process paperwork and perform data entry into various military based tracking systems.
- Knowledge of international shipping regulations, customs, and standards for international shipping.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive on JBLM.