Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA), Inc. is a leading edge Research & Development company with a wide spectrum of technologies. We are looking for a full-time Junior IT Administrator to configure and maintain computers running Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OSX, and Windows Server 2008 R2 on networks located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The candidate should have, at a minimum, 2 year of college experience in Information Technology related courses or 2 year of on-the-job experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows operating systems, drivers, and applications on end user computers and servers. This position requires U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance. Job duties will include the following:
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows operating systems, drivers, software, etc.
- Monitoring, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving computer problems involving hardware, OS, peripherals, network, and applications
- Troubleshooting of network devices to include Cisco and Netgear switches
- Managing, maintaining, and documenting domain events
- Managing weekly backup rotations
- Managing and maintaining IT inventory
- Conducting research related to best practices and security implementations
- Helping out in the laboratory when there are no IT tasks
Any areas applicable below are a plus:
- Programming languages such as C#, HTML, Java
- Routing and other network concepts with Cisco, Sonic Wall, and other vendors equipment
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- SQL Server and FileMaker database software
- Prior IT customer service support
- Experience with virtualized systems
- CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ certification
- Active DoD security clearance
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA), Inc., was formed in 1989 to harness the creativity, innovation and entrepreneur...