Under the supervision of the Director of Finance & Contract Compliance (Director), the Junior Contract Analyst (Jr. Analyst) will provide support to the Director, the Chief Financial Officer and accounting staff. The Jr. Analyst will be assigned to support non-governmental departments in the Agency and, as appropriate, government contracts consisting of a particular funding source or contracts that provide similar services. The Jr. Analyst will be expected to study, interpret, analyze, monitor and administer their assignments on an ongoing basis. The Jr. Analyst will prepare and submit periodic fiscal reports to the department managers and grantors on a timely basis. The Jr. Analyst, along with the Director, will monitor the performance of the departments and contracts assigned and ensure that the departments and the agency overall are in compliance.
• Implement mission, vision, and values established by the President/CEO and Board of Directors.
• Participate in the overall agency Accreditation Quality Improvement Process.
• Nurture respectful relationships with co-workers, clients and children, and must be sensitive to the cultural needs of the population served.
• Assist Director in the coordination, development and implementation stages of the agency’s accreditation by analyzing existing and proposing new operational procedures for the Contracts Department.
• Assist with the continuous development of department policies and procedures.
• Attend contract administrative and technical training workshops as needed.
• Establish and maintain a monthly Budget vs. Actual report for assigned departments and programs.
• Prepare for grantor field audits, work with Director to assist the grantor field auditor, formally respond to any audit findings and be responsible for writing and following up on any action plans needed to correct audit findings.
• Provide the information requested by the annual independent auditor.
• Liaise with and maintain good relationships with department representatives.
• Assist in special projects and perform other duties related to the management of the Contracts Department as assigned by the Director or Chief Financial Officer.
AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Two or more years of experience in a similar role in a related field. Analytical, reliable and able to adhere to deadlines. Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills. Excellent people skills including verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy including proficiency in Excel 2000 and other Microsoft Office applications as well as the ability to adapt quickly to industry specific software. Valid driver’s license, car and liability insurance required.
To perform this job the individual must be able to carry out all essential functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Approximately 50% of time is spent sitting, while frequently required to walk, stand and bend. Must be able to talk and hear well. Good vision is imperative. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee will be required to lift and/or move unassisted up to 25 pounds.
Salary: Starting: $2,780, negotiable depending on education and experience
Status: Exempt / Full-time
Location: 500 Lucas Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90017
Benefits: PLN offers a full benefit package, which includes full health,
dental and life insurance, vacation, sick days, holidays, EAP and 401k plan.
**Position is open until this announcement no longer shows on our website.
Para Los Niños is an equal opportunity employer.
Para Los Ninos - 24 months ago