The Riverside County Transportation and Land Management Agency's (TLMA) Transportation Department is pleased to announce an exciting new job opportunity.
The Transportation Department is seeking a Junior Engineer to be part of a design team in the Project Development Division. As part of a design team, the position includes assisting in the planning, designing, estimating and preparing of plans and exhibits for transportation construction projects.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Participates in the preliminary research, design, field observations and preparation of exhibits for planned construction projects.
- Documents available improvement plans, mapping, paving sections, property & utility information and related documents necessary for design work.
- Transmits technical information and requests for data to various TLMA Departments, Consultants and other governmental jurisdictions, as related to project design.
- Prepares preliminary project descriptions, exhibits, calculations, and estimates for the design team.
- Prepares draft project construction specifications and other documents related to advertising for construction bids.
- Prepares complete and detailed construction plans with InRoads in MicroStation or AutoCAD.
Education: Graduation from a college with a Bachelor's degree in an engineering field; Possession of a valid certificate as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers may substitute for the required education.
Possession of both a Bachelor's degree in a civil engineering related field and a valid certificate as an EIT is highly desired.
Experience: Current employment with Riverside County in the classification of Engineering Student Intern or completion of an engineering internship with Riverside County, and: Graduation from a recognized college with a Bachelor's degree in an engineering field or possession of a valid certificate as an Engineer-in-Training issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers, within six (6) months of hire.
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in a civil engineering related field and a minimum of six months as a Student Intern with TLMA and the ability to obtain a valid certificate as an EIT within 6 months of hire is highly desired.
Knowledge of: The principles of physics and mathematics used in engineering and of their application to engineering problems; topographic and construction surveying, stress analysis, analytical mechanics, and strength of materials; engineering economics and real property descriptions.
Knowledge of Riverside County Transportation Department's standards and procedures, CalTrans standards and procedures, accessible design as related to transportation issues, and the fundamentals of civil engineering as applied to survey, topographic mapping, hydraulic design, use and selection of construction materials is highly desired.
Ability to: Prepare the less complex public works designs and make accurate drawings and maps; make accurate computations; reduce field notes and make quantity estimates; prepare reports; maintain effective working relationships with others; use and maintain engineering and technical equipment relating to materials testing, and air and water pollution control and abatement.
The ability to coordinate with consultants, work directly with engineering personnel; assist in design of a variety of Transportation projects with skill and accuracy; make civil engineering mathematical computations with neat and accurate notes; prepare portions of technical reports; maintain cooperative working relationships with others is highly desired.
County of Riverside - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard