Applicants are required to take and pass a Data Entry Test before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22, 2013. Prior to testing, applicants must complete and submit the required on-line application profile.
The data-entry test is given at the County Government Center at 2001 South State Street, Suite N4600 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. No appointment required . If you have taken and passed the above-mentioned test in the last 12 months, you will not be required to re-test.
Applicants will be required to show picture identification in order to take the test.
After a conditional offer of employment is made, the Sheriff's Office will conduct a comprehensive background investigation. The investigation includes, but is not limited to, past work history, a criminal history check, credit report, social networking, blogs and Internet sites.
Provides prisoner services such as scheduling, receiving and checking in visitors. Provides telephone services, screens prisoner mail, and distributes commissary merchandise to prisoners.
One year of full-time experience working in an office environment or a certificate of successful completion of a 1 year office administration program.
- Pre-schedules prisoner visits, verifies and records visitor information, answers questions on Jail policies, booking, charges, bail amount, commitments, and length of incarceration.
- Answers and routes calls to employees; assists attorneys, judges, and bail bondsmen with call-in questions; assists callers who receive sensitive or threatening calls from inside the jail; and receives calls on serious injury, illness, or death notifications.
- Checks in visitors; provides orientation; coordinates professional walk-in visits from legal advisors, clergy members, and health care providers.
- Monitors multiple movement and waiting area cameras; directs visitors to correct area; facilitates movement to and from visitation areas by operating security doors.
- Runs warrants and record checks on visitors using BCI, III, etc., and Offender Management System, OMS.
- Screens incoming and outgoing prisoner mail, email, magazines, newspapers, and books for irregularities or violations; monitors for contraband.
- Obtains prisoner signatures and performs notary services; receives funds through the mail, prepares deposits, updates prisoners accounts on OMS.
- Picks up and delivers inter-office mail, prisoner kites, and grievances.
- Processes out-going mail and returns insufficient postage mail to prisoners.
- Accepts delivery of pre-packaged commissary from contracted provider; sorts commissary orders by housing units; delivers sorted prisoner commissary orders; delivers welfare items weekly.
- Updates OMS and commissary tracking systems; receives and sends information from other agencies and jurisdictions via telephone, email, fax, teletype or correspondence.
- Performs a variety of general office tasks.
- Assists in training new employees.
Salt Lake County - 4 months ago
SLC Corporation, Salt Lake City, Utah - $5,000- Support a municipal program that encourages local businesses to adopt sustainable practices...