Under general direction, leads, coordinates and performs a variety of janitorial and cleaning services to maintain and provide a clean environment in county buildings, facilities and related infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions : Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
· Provides lead direction to a work crew; coordinates work assignments; prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; trains and instructs employees as required.
· Assures that crew has proper cleaning solvents and equipment; assists crew with problem assignments; adjusts schedules to meet special requirements and to cover for absences.
· Conducts major cleaning of assigned facilities; cleans and maintains buildings, furnishings, ground and property.
· Performs a variety of janitorial tasks daily; cleans and disinfects restrooms, shower stalls and mirrors and restocks restrooms;
· Gathers and empties trash from waste receptacles, offices and general areas.
· Performs a variety of janitorial tasks daily; cleans and stocks restrooms; dusts furniture; empties waste receptacles; washes windows; vacuums, sweeps and mops.
· Conducts major cleaning on a periodic basis; strips and waxes floor surfaces; shampoos carpets; removes dirt and debris; pre-spots carpet; mixes cleaning solutions; applies and extracts carpet solution.
· Checks and maintains operational condition of cleaning equipment; operates buffer, vacuum, shampooer and a variety of related equipment.
· Assists with special events; moves and arranges furniture; opens and secures buildings; locks entrances, exits, doors and other mechanisms in county buildings.
· Stores and replenishes janitorial supplies; coordinates and completes special cleaning details.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Two (2) years experience in janitorial or cleaning maintenance.
· A valid State of California driver’s license is required.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Work is performed within County facilities.
· May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.