• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 0-1 year of work experience, preferably in custodial services
• Ability to read and follow written instructions on labels to ensure safety
• Ability to operate custodial equipment such as scrubbers, buffers, etc.
• Ability to focus on details
• Background as a supervisor or lead in a similar environment helpful
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Custodian/Janitor to join our outstanding custodial team.
This position performs general cleaning and custodial services of conference rooms, offices cafeterias, restrooms and/or other common areas as assigned. This includes use of proper materials and methods to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. A background and knowledge of custodial practices, equipment, supplies and procedures are required.
Duties for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
• Perform cleaning services in a large commercial facility using proper equipment and supplies and follow procedures for safe use and operation
• Provide training, support and guidance to other staff as required
• Clean and detail offices and conference rooms. Empty trash containers; dust and polish fixtures, tables and chairs; vacuum carpets, clean walls, arrange furniture and clean window blinds
• Clean restrooms using correct chemicals on all surfaces. Dust and wipe-down all fixtures, fill all dispensers, empty trash containers and mop and deodorize floors
• Clean common areas including hallways and stairwells. Remove trash from all trash containers and line containers with clean plastic bags
• Clean cafeteria including tables and microwaves. Sweep and mop floors, fill dispenser and emptys trash containers
• Maintains quality of work and customer satisfaction. Respond to customer requests according to established procedures or refer to supervisor
• Clean spills promptly
• Wax and buff floors on a regular basis
• Clean and maintain custodial equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition
• Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned
Good communication skills with the ability to follow directions and work independently and in a team environment are a must. The qualified candidates will be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and have the flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits and a competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply on-line at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries - 22 months ago
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...