Keeping buildings, facilities and restrooms in a clean and orderly condition are a priority. Perform cleaning duties such as floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, cleaning showers / restrooms and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of needs for repairs and cleaning debris from common areas. Maintaining a good relationship with the residents leads to a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them per the prescribed schedule.
- Gather and empty trash daily and per schedule.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms daily and per the schedule.
- Clean and polish furniture fixtures.
- Clean low level windows, glass partitions and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Mix water and detergent in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets as needed or per schedule.
- Strip, seal, finish and polish floors as required.
- Notify General Manager concerning the need or major repair or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order.
- Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Setup, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as board meetings.
- Attend maintenance cart in common areas at all times. Please store cart out of site while on breaks.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Be courteous and pleasant to residents at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions. Must be capable of being bonded.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work.
High School Diploma or GED.
Proficient in speaking, reading and writing English as this position requires interfacing verbally with the public, tenants, their peers and supervisors.
Ability to prepare written reports and complete log sheets.
Bilingual Spanish helpful.
Excellent general math skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California State Driver’s License.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 18 months ago