This position is responsible for directly managing and ensuring timely completion of the janitorial operations specific to corporate buildings, offices, storerooms and common areas. Responsibilities include proper use and handling of cleaning products, chemicals, equipment as well as inventory control, quality assurance, maintaining state and federal mandated standards of safety and responding to internal customer complaints and work orders. |
- Ensures proper usage of supplies and equipment throughout the corporate buildings.
- Safely operates and maintains all types of cleaning machinery and equipment.
- Ensures proper use of cleaning chemicals and agents.
- Provides safe working environment for employees.
- Responds to emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Resolves and follows up on all complaints/issues.
- Conducts building inspections.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises all functions and activities of the custodial department.
- On call availability for emergencies and projects as assigned by office manager.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Performs a variety of cleaning/maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal, replacing light bulbs and window cleaning.
- Maintains all cleaning solutions in accordance to OSHA requirements for hazardous chemicals.
- Removes trash from premises and assists in emergency cleaning.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas. Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- As applicable, cleans restrooms, sweeps and mops floors. Refills all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper & hand soap. Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors & counters. Empties/removes trash. Reports any discrepancies or deficiencies to office manager.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in an upright standing position for long periods of time (8-12 hours/day).
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain)
- Walk and climb stairs.
- Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
- Ability to complete all required forms.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement.
- Driving when necessary.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 3 ft).
- Ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and residents
The Continental Group - 18 months ago
- 18 hours ago
Boca Raton, FL
- 15 days ago
Coconut Creek, FL
- 28 days ago
FirstService wants to be first when it comes to real estate services. The company has subsidiaries that provide commercial property...