ABM Industries Incorporated is one of the largest facility services contractors listed on the New York Stock Exchange. With fiscal 2008 revenues in excess of 3.6 billion and more than 100,000 employees, ABM provides janitorial, parking, engineering, and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and retail facilities in hundreds of cities across the United States and British Columbia, Canada.
Responsible for performing general cleaning and upkeep of assigned area within a specific building, as well as supervision of cleaning crew. Specific tasks are not guaranteed, therefore, must be flexible in performing assigned duties as outlined below.
1. Empty, clean all waste receptacles and remove waste paper and rubbish from the premises to designated area; damp wipe
receptacles as necessary.
2. Empty and clean all ash trays, screen all sand urns supply and replace sand as necessary.
3. Vacuum all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, lobbies and corridors.
4. Hand dust and wipe clean all office furniture, files, fixtures, paneling, window sills and all other horizontal surfaces.
5. Damp wipe and polish all glass furniture tops.
6. Remove all finger marks and smudges from vertical surfaces, to include doors, door frames, around light switches,
private entrance glass and partitions.
7. Wash, clean and disinfect all water coolers.
8. Sweep, with broom, all private stairways, and vacuum if carpeted.
9. Police stairwells and clean or damp mop spillage.
10. Damp mop or clean any spillage in office and public areas as required.
11. Damp dust telephones.
12. Dust all picture frames, charts, graphs and similar wall hangings.
13. Damp dust all ceiling air conditioning diffusers, wall grilles, register and other ventilating louvers.
14. Dust the exterior surfaces of lighting fixtures, including glass and plastic enclosures.
15. Keep slop sink rooms in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
16. Wipe clean and polish all metal hardware fixtures and other bright work.
17. Dust and/or wash all directory boards as required, remove fingerprints and smudges.
18. Clean entrance door glass inside and outside.
19. Sweep or dust mop floors.
20. Sweep or damp mop outside entrance areas.
21. Properly clean and buff tile floor services as needed.
22. Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions/Qualifications:
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
1. Must be able to clean 4,500 square feet per hour.
2. Must have ability to work with other crew members and be able to take direction from Supervisor.
3. Must be able to perform all of the above job duties.
4 Must have a valid Driver License and good driving record.
5. Previous experience with Janitorial Supervising and Cleaning.
6. Must have experience on floor work and knowledge of floor equipment.
7. Must be available to be “On Call” at any time.
8. Must have some computer experience.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM (NYSE:ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.0 billion and 118,000 employees in over 300...