Job Description : This position involves the daily cleaning and maintenance of Cornucopia’s food and beverage stands and locations. Cleans fixtures, equipment, floors, windows, walls, and the entire exterior of all stands and locations. May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Must be willing to work flexible hours and split shifts.
Responsible for the sweeping and mopping or scrubbing of floors.
Washes windows and waste receptacles.
Cleans exterior of all food and beer stands.
Cleans entire interior, windows and floors of all food and beer stands.
Cleans all kitchen equipment and beer/liquor dispensing equipment.
Cleans and maintains organization in all food and beer sheds.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills : Requires knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment and the ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength. Must have the ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment. Requires the communication skills necessary to follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to establish and maintain working relations with the Cornucopia Assistant Operations Supervisor and co-workers.
1. Must be capable of operating all cleaning equipment used at Fairplex.
2. Must be capable of climbing stairs, ladders, and working on stationary ladder.
3. Must have a valid California Driver License and be able to drive electric cart and service vehicles.
4. Must be able to do some heavy lifting, with a minimum of 35 lbs.
5. Must be able to stoop/bend.
6. Must be able to carry equipment up and down stairs and from one location to another.
Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association) - 2 years ago