Make a difference in someone’s life!
Volunteers of America of Western New York, Inc. is a growing non-profit human services agency that has been serving families and individuals in need for more than 100 years. We are looking for talented individuals who are results oriented and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for the clients and communities we serve.
Volunteers of America’s continuum of residential programs offer homeless & low-income individuals and families safe housing and support services. We provide long-term solutions to the problems of homelessness, addiction, incarceration, and poverty by helping the people we serve overcome obstacles and develop healthier, more self-sufficient lives.
Janitorial Environmental Services Specialist
The position of Janitorial Environmental Services Specialist of great significance as they are responsible for the cleanliness of Volunteer of America’s residential facilities in Rochester. Janitorial Environmental Services Specialist is accountable for upholding the quality and standards of the organization regarding the ongoing housekeeping needs and grounds care of the facilities while working with multiple programs
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas and programs located at Ward Street including Guest House, Re-Entry Center [RRC], Chronically Homeless, and Administrative sections as well as the common areas and bathrooms at Cooper Union.
- Disposes of all garbage and recycling located in receptacles located throughout the Guest House and administrative section of building and place in dumpster.
- Cleans and sanitizes all bathrooms in the Guest House and Administrative on a daily basis.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms in the RRC, Cooper Union and Chronically Homeless on a weekly basis.
- Mops floors on a daily basis in the Guest House, Chronically Homeless, RRC and Administrative Building.
- Cleans Kitchen area in Guest House after meals while on duty.
- Cleans Kitchen area of Chronically Homeless on Weekly basis
- Strips and waxes floors in all areas of Facility on bi-yearly basis or as needed upon a request.
- Maintains the grounds including garbage removal throughout the grounds area.
- Shovel as needed side walk of the facility and salt
- Reports all maintenance needs of the facility to appropriate Director as needed upon discovery.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one year janitorial experience
- Customer service experience preferred
- Able to asses cleaning and grounds needs of facility and meet agency standards
- Open availability and flexibility to meet customer demand and the needs of the business
- Clean NYS Driver’s License
- Ability to successfully pass federal background clearance
Volunteers of America Western New York - 2 years ago