- This is a JEE application developer position,
which involves the analysis, design, development, implementation and
maintenance of Java (JEE) applications.
- Meets with users to analyze and evaluate system
requirements; creates functional and technical specifications, including E/R
diagrams; performs database design, producing physical schema diagrams;
programs the application; participates in in-house and user testing and
training; converts data from existing databases when applicable and documents,
implements and maintains applications.
- Coordinates with and provides consulting services to
Department staff regarding information systems development. Provides policy,
procedures and application specific information to other developers when
requested. Consults with administrators to propose solutions to information
- Participates in the development of standards and in-house
training materials for other program staff.
Visual Solutions Inc., a nationally recognized, robust Staff Augmentation and Information Technology (IT) solutions provider, provides training, enterprise level consulting and information technology support specializing in services for federal and state Government agencies and commercial clients. Since 1995, VSI has consistently delivered excellence and expertise in the latest technology solutions to many Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies, the military, and educational institutions. Our corporate headquarters are in Jacksonville, Florida with nationwide service locations.
- 2+ years experience in Java Frameworks such as
Struts/Tiles, Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, JPA/Hibernate
- 2+ years experience in XML, HTML and CSS
- Experience using Subversion and Maven 2
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to
display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned
application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure
proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both
verbally and in writing
If this position appeals to you, send your resume to:
Visual Solutions Inc.
Visual Solutions Inc. - 23 months ago
Focus on Excellence
VSI was founded in 1995 to provide robust IT solutions to companies ranging from small businesses to...